Great Birth Changes

This is a blog emcompassing all of the positive changes that are happening in the birthing world. P

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Vermont Midwife's Birth Stories Pot Luck Night

Thanks for creating such a needed blog.

I am a homebirth midwife in Vermont and every few months I have a birth stories pot luck. Every one brings a dish to share except the newest mom's they bring their new babies and birth stories. I ask that moms share their story in a way to benefit the soon to be birthers- For example if a mom found parts of labor to be challenging or even scary-talk about it AND tell us what go you though. Of course many tell blissed out love versions and I ask them to talk about how they prepared and what was the hardest part.

I also encourage Papa's to share as well. I think oral tradition is better than childbirth education.I will pass your info to my clients

Cheers

Erin Ryan LM

ErinRyanLM@aol.com