Great Birth Changes

This is a blog emcompassing all of the positive changes that are happening in the birthing world. P

Friday, February 25, 2005

I Need Your Help!

Too often we hear about all of the bad procedures, policies and outcomes of birth. We concentrate so hard on what isn't working that we forget about all of the wonderful changes we have seen in the birthing world in the last several years.

I believe that the pendulum is shifting. We are seeing a lot of positive changes happening in San Diego, California. I think this movement is spreading.

Please send me an e-mail if you know of any good news in birth. Do you know of a doctor who has made a shift in their thinking about birth? Do you know of a hospital that has decided to become mother-baby friendly? Are you seeing new hospitals allowing waterbirth? Is there a new book or DVD that helps women to have a better experience? If it is positive, please send it to me at change@journeyintomotherhood.com

I also encourage you to spread the word about this blog. I'd love to see postive news published in magazines, newspapers and newsletters.

Thanks for sharing and helping me to create postive change in birth!

Love,
Sheri Menelli, author of Journey into Motherhood: Inspirational Stories of Natural Birth